In 2019, CanSAGE launched a centralized Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery Canadian Fellowship Program for non AAGL programs.
PLEASE NOTE THAT AAGL PROGRAMS REQUIRE APPLICATION THROUGH THE AAGL CENTRALIZED PROCESS AND NOT THROUGH CanSAGE.
Foreign applicants may apply through the CanSAGE match, but consideration will be restricted to only those programs who accept foreign graduates fulfilling all prerequisites (e.g., sitting FRCSC exams, self-funded). Please refer to the International Medical Graduates information below and contact specific programs for further clarification.
To be considered by Québec programs, applicants must be French-speaking.
- Applications for CanSAGE programs will be accepted online between June 7 and August 15, 2021.
- Interviews will be conducted virtually by each program in September.
- If you are applying to both AAGL and CanSAGE, and are matched with an AAGL program, then you must notify CanSAGE on October 6 and withdraw from the CanSAGE match.
- Match results will be sent at the end of October.
The fee to apply is $100 plus tax which must be paid by credit card when completing the online application form.
Access the online Fellowship Application Form
Applicants will be able to access their online form and make changes/updates until August 15, 2021. A username and password will be sent via email once the required fields are provided and the fee payment has been processed.
Note: The verification question on the form should only be answered once selected programs have been identified and all documents you are responsible for have been uploaded – i.e., once the application is 100% complete (excluding reference letters).
What you will need to provide by deadline of August 15, 2021:
- Contact information
- Eligibility information
- Programs you are applying to
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of intent (letter may be tailored for each program selected)
- Three letters of reference*
- One (1) from your current or former residency program director
- Two (2) from staff of your choosing (please note any extra letters received beyond the first 2 will not be considered)
- Acceptance of a binding agreement
*Download the Word document: INSTRUCTIONS FOR REFERENCE LETTER: Reference.docx
Contact information: for all questions, contact us at email@example.com
International Medical Graduates
Not all of the Canadian MIS programs are structured to accept international medical graduates who do not meet the criteria for full licensure. Individual programs may require full licensure as a consultant with the provincial Medical Regulatory Agency, even for those candidates who are self-funded. These requirements, and the opportunity to obtain a provisional license, vary between Canadian provinces and we would encourage you to carefully review the requirements for each program before applying.
If you are ineligible for licensure, your application will not be considered for that program.
There are several programs that are able to accommodate international medical graduates as postgraduate fellows, the availability of these positions will vary year to year. Please consult the individual program information in this guide for these programs and their requirements.
If you are unsure about the requirements of any individual program we suggest you contact the listed program director prior to submitting your application.
*To be considered by Québec programs, applicants must be French-speaking.